If you spend time caring for someone, either a family member or someone else please let us know as we may be able to help you.
What you are doing is important and the NHS has a number of services to support carers:
- you can have a flu vaccination at the practice; simply let us know you are a carer when you book
- you are entitled to an NHS Health Check.
- if you are 45 or over please call reception (01420 84676) to make a booking
- if you are aged 20 - 44 your NHS health check can be done at the Carers Hub. Please contact Boots (who offer this service) on 01420 83126.
The Princess Royal Trust for Carers runs the Carers' Hub in Alton
Located at St Mary's Church, Anstey Road, ALTON on the first THURSDAY of the month from 10:00am - 4:00pm.
Carers (and the people they care for), are very welcome to drop in anytime. There is an opportunity to find out/pick up information on from a range of local services, and to have a chat over soup and a roll.
Call Claire on 07769 170 246 to find out more.
Carer Support and Dementia Advice Service ---> Postcard
This service is commissioned by the CCG and Hampshire County Council.
Carer Support Service - This service operates on a preventative basis to address the support, information and advice requirements of individuals who are unpaid carers (including young adult carers) Any adult caring for another adult with any condition/illness. Their Carer Support Workers provide advice, signposting, strength based approach and emotional support for up to 12 months.
Groups: - Monthly Peer Support Groups - online and face to face in risk assessed venues.
- Weekly online Guided Meditation Sessions
Dementia Advice Service - 2 visits to assess service users needs to support and enable safe and independent living. (ie Funded Telecare pathway, medication management, social inclusion, benefit signposting) After which telephone contact is made every 6 months. They work with service users along their life with dementia.